Boundaries are essential to keep your business and yourself growing. It’s your way of defining who you are and who you are not, where you start and where you end.
Lack of strong boundaries often stems from developmental trauma.
One of the main reasons for poor boundaries is developmental trauma (especially enmeshment trauma). If you didn’t have a chance to go through the stage in childhood where you built your ego, identity and discover the power of NO in a healthy way, you may have huge issues with boundaries in your business.
The issue is, not having clear boundaries opens your field for energetic leakages. If you don’t claim your space, your needs, your leadership, your dreams – someone else will fill that gap. As a consequence, you will feel depleted, lost, confused, depressed, frustrated, angry, wouldn’t be able to find yourself or know what you want. It also opens the leakage for other capacities. First one in the line in my experience is always money capacity!
Strong and aligned embodiment is key for your healthy boundaries.
Well, first of all, it’s way easier to set boundaries when you are in the body because you can collect the information through all the senses and assess the situation better because you are in one time and location instead of several different ones. And even more shocking fact: “if you are not in your body, who is in your body?”
When you dissociated, ungrounded, des-embodied, it directly and naturally impacts your boundaries capacity. Even more, it immediately impacts your relational capacity too because it’s not only hard to know and notice yourself, you also can’t fully feel other people boundaries either. You may become abusive without being conscious about it.
So, how boundaries in business can look like:
- I am not available for clients on Mondays and Fridays
- Follow up Telegram or Voxer voice message is for celebrations, questions or clarifications. And must be up to 3 minutes long.
- Invoice needs to be paid before the first session or 7 days after purchasing the product.
- I work just with 5 clients at the time.
- I choose projects and clients that gives me absolute joy, highest excitement in my body and support my highest vision of myself. I say NO what feels not in alignment. I trust it, I appreciate my energy and take care of it.
- I set clear structures, habits and systems that allows and invites my creativity, flow and spaciousness.
- I walk away from business collaborations where I feel treated like commodity and it evokes that energy of proving myself and my worth. I don’t need explanation for it. NO is a full sentence.
- I don’t let people projections to kick me out of my center. I know what is true to me, what matters to me, who I am and who I am not.
- I don’t do discounts but I give additional gifts.
Healing your boundaries capacity
Often when people come to me with a topic that they feels stuck and don’t know what they want to do in their business or they have a vision but don’t know how to get there, it is often the matter of boundaries capacity. When you are in the body, claim your truth and don’t repress your needs and impulses your body communicates, you know what to do or not to do moment by moment.
And when people start to heal boundaries capacities in business, it may swing from too vague or none existing structures, offers and the way they show up to way to strong boundaries where access & structures become too rigid and there is no flow or adaptability to clients and business needs.
It’s ok. It’s an process…. You can’t skip essential and foundational steps. You have to go back in that developmental phase till you find your foot and train your muscle.
You can’t really successfully expand and grow if you don’t have good boundaries.
More I grow my business and rise in my power, my own leadership, more I am invited to take care of my boundaries. Without aligned boundaries, you can’t really be successful.
Especially, when you are invited to hold more, to show up more, to be exposed to more possibilities but also more rejection or projection (often comes with bigger visibility capacity).
Our clear boundaries sets what you are available for and what you are not. It’s a self-respect saying: “This is my precious space and I decide what and who I welcome here.”
And you don’t need to make stories about it or overexplain yourself. You are the owner of your business and yourself. It’s up to you how you craft it, how you want to experience yourself and what is your preferred way of being in business while you grow it. It’s called freedom to be who you want to be and do what you want to do. Isn’t it why you started your entrepreneurship journey in the first place?
Review your business and let me know, where do you need to work on your boundaries capacity at the moment?