I believe self sabotage is simply our nervous system not feeling safe.
When your nervous system feels threatened or unsafe to do the things you want to do, or go the places you want to go, whether it’s real threat or perceived threat, it looks for ways to put you back into safety.
So in other words, self sabotage is just your nervous system trying to protect you❤️
When I start working with nervous system, I learnt that all those inconvenient ways, habits and behaviours we so don’t like about ourselves, it’s actually just nervous system the most efficient ways it knows to keep us safe.
Self sabotage is just another way your nervous system saying NO. And the NO in your body can show up in many ways. Your body communicates it to you all the time if you know how to listen.
It can come as:
- Inaction and not being able to do anything.
- Anger, bitterness or frustration.
- You “checking or zoning out” when thinking about the topic.
- Contraction, restriction in your body or punch in your gut.
- You don’t feel safe.
- Feeling tensed and tight.
- Numbness, you can’t feel anything.
- Things feels pressured and forced.
- You don’t feel clear, ready, like you need more time (especially important one for emotional authority in Human Design).
- You too much stuck in mental loop, can’t make a decision and feel your body.
- And “maybe” most of the time also means NO in the moment you are. It’s not a YES and that’s all you need to know.
It’s nothing random there… You just need to build understanding relationship with your nervous system which constantly communicates with you and protects you at any cost besides the fact if it is your preferable, likable way or not.
And when I realised that, instead of judging, I started to love the intelligence of the body even more. There is so much appreciation, compassion and corporation now.